Combination Resume in 2019 – Any Benefits?
Combination resume format is not as widely used as a chronological or functional resume template. There are many reasons on why it happens. The first one a combination resume where was created to combine two different formats – chronological and skills-based resume. how it looks like a mixed resume, also known as a hybrid resume format.
Combination resume 2019 man was created for those jobseekers who already have a bit of a wide experience behind their back. At the same time these candidates, not only want to show their experience in the specific field or area, but they would like to show they are hard and soft skills. that’s where a combination resume has an outstanding advantage over other resume templates.
A good combination resume your skills and previous experience.
Blue receive tons of different questions about this type of resume format period the first and the most important was – How to combine skills and relevant experience in one resume? It’s not really hard. This is the main goal of combination resume. You are trying to show your relevant skills according to your previous experience and the most impressive achievements at the same time. That’s how this type of resume template could help you to attract hiring manager’s attention to your candidacy.
Although you need to understand that a combination resume is not only focused on your skills. You have a list of your job duties already shown in your experience section. It’s really good for those candidates who would like to change the area and don’t want to be focused on their main hard skills.
Combination Resume Format in 2019 – Structure
The structures of all resumes are most likely the same. They all have their own resume sections and blocks, formatted according to specific rules. A combination resume is not an exception from the rules. some sections are most likely the same, but some of them are different from other resume formats. That’s why we would like to show you what to include in each section and how to format them, according to the latest resume 2019 rules.
1. Basic Information
As usual, each resume has the common sections, which should be included in each resume. Such fields are: your email, address, phone number, LinkedIn profile and so on. you can avoid to adding them into your resume, but how are you going to get an invitation to an interview? There are no any specific rules on how to add into information to this resume section, but already added info should be easy to be found by a hiring manager.
2. Achievements and Experience
Hybrid resume format was created to show two different things: skills and your relevant experience. Don’t be afraid to show both of them in your resume. Your main goal is to convince a hiring manager that you are the right one candidate to fit the desired position. Don’t worry if you don’t have any achievements at all. That doesn’t mean that you are a bit candidate. Maybe you simply don’t know how to show them in your resume. Some candidates face the same issue, when it comes to overwriting their own accomplishments or achievements. They simply don’t know where to start.
Remember the main rule – if you know how to show measurable achievements, you will beat your main competitors. Why? Because hiring managers can’t measure how well you are, until they could see that in your resume. Simply because they are not a specialist in your field or area. If you are going to help them to understand how well you are, you will have much more chances to get an invitation to an interview.
3. SKILLS, SKILLS, SKILLS
Don’t worry if you have really too much skills period some candidates would like to show a walk professional experience over there skills. It’s not about a combination resume. Skills matters. That’s why a combination resume could help you to emphasize your candidacy over other job seekers.
You can’t put everything on your skills, but at the same time it’s not a chronological resume template. The main goal of this resume template is to mix a relevant experience and the skills set. If you would do that right way, you will win a competition!
4. How to show experience
There is no any specific rule on how to show experience in a combination resume format 2019. The main goal of this resume section – is to show a hiring manager what is your relevant experience and how useful you could be for their organization.
Do not try to meet your skills with the relevant experience. It would be hard to read and to understand what are your main strengths and how useful you could be. Using bullet points, try to show what you did and what you have already achieved. Show your main functions.
Latest Combination Resume Examples 2019
Main Pros and Cons – Combination Resume 2019
We have already told you, that each resume format has its own pros and cons. Now we are going to show you which advantages and disadvantages of this type of resume template has.
Pros – Combination Resume
- You can easily show your skills, which hiring managers are looking for a period that could be your main asset and benefit, compared to other candidates.
- You can easily target your relevant experience to the desired position Comber based on the job ad. Spend a bit more time to tailor your resume according to an announced position. doing that you would have much more chances, compared to other candidates, who would like to apply they’re resumes to the same job ad.
- Don’t worry if something goes wrong. You have two times more chances to get that position compared to other resume templates. Why? Simply because you are trying to sell your skills and previous experience.
- A combination resume is really easy for targeting. Find an interesting job ad and try to tailor your resume according to job ad description. Doing that you will have much more chances, because you adopted your resume to a relevant job ad. Hiring managers would like to read a resume of those candidates, whose resume is the most relevant
Main Cons of Combination Resume
- The first and the most important disadvantage of a combination resume – it’s not widely used by a wide range of Job Seekers. That’s because not all of them have a relevant experience and a proven skill set. If you don’t have – you’d better think about a bit other resume formats.
- Some candidates find this type of resume format a bit hard to write. It’s a myth. There are no any extra efforts, all you need to do is to combine your skills and relevant experience, nothing else.